The best choice, by far, for a family trip to see the famous Chinese tourist spot of Guilin is undoubtedly the Guilin Shangri-La.
It’s the most family-friendly because:
- There is an outside playground
- There’s a few animals to see outside – swans, ducks, chickens, pigs, rabbits and an ostrich
- There’s an inside playground including a big trampolining area
- There are kids’ menus and amenities everywhere
- The service is really, really good. The staff are genuinely nice, friendly and kind throughout the hotel
- The location is very convenient for the airport and the sights
- The food is excellent. The bread is absolutely fresh and as it should be, the sushi is authentic, all the Chinese food is top.
- They have lots of activities like cooking class and games
- Tip: Book the airport car for 450 RMB each way. Have a friendly man collect you with a nice car with drinks and fruit.